Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
zackrspv #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Custom Packets in History
I see that custom packets sent by a client do not show up on history pulls.

This is kinda scary.  We use custom packets to do the folloowing (at the moment):

• Send /me emotions
  • Send idle time
  • Send notify windows
  • Send Kick/Invite commands
  • Send ticket information.

But if we cannot see these events in history, then we cannot rely on custom packets for things like tickets, or tracking of what admin users do.  For example, if we have an admin who abuses his ability to kick, we need to know this.  If we can't pull those in history, then it's like it never happened.

Is there a way to force the server to report those custom packets in history?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
which history do you mean? I guess this is a special history of the server software you are using and not a general XMPP feature.
Many servers have features to save all messages, this includes message stanzas only then, there are also servers which allow you to save all stanzas. So I think you have to consult the vendor of your server for this.

Alex
zackrspv #3
My apologizes, i should have been more clear ;)

I mean the MUC Discussion History. 

And we use OpenFire.

--Phillip
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
are your custom packets based on iq's or messages? Muc history stores only message stanzas.

And not sure what Openfire saves for the history. Maybe not the complete stanza, but only the content of the body tag. Then your custom info will be lost. I think you have to consult the Openfire guys for this.

Alex
zackrspv #5
My custom packets are <message> packets, not IQ stuff :).  Ill go ahead and post on their forums.

I moved my discussion too:  http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/214141#214141

To see what the OpenFire community thinks, and can help with :)  Posted here for transparency sake, and to help others who may have the same issue ;)
This post was edited on 2011-06-28, 18:00 by zackrspv.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS