Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
ahoffman #1
Member since May 2011 · 10 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:5222
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at agsXMPP.Net.ClientSocket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult ar)

Hello again! I have a very strange error. When running my agsXMPP application on a server other than my xmpp server, I can connect to it fine with the name of the server.
When I run the agsXMPP application on the same machine as the xmpp server, it throws this error.
I've tried this with the same name of the server, localhost, as well as the machine ip.

I'll continue to investigate this but if anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
agsXMPP cannot connect to your server. You either set a wrong domain or IP, or your Dns server resolves a wrong IP.

Alex
ahoffman #3
Hrmm..

Well I think my dns server gives the right IP because its resolving correctly when running agsXMPP from other boxes.
I'd like to bypass domain/dns completely if possible...
But then localhost has the same problem, and im having trouble hitting the ip directly. Strange stuff.
This post was edited on 2011-06-02, 01:45 by ahoffman.
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I guess this is the old IPv4 IPv6 problem which many others ad before. Did you check the old threads about this?
When the Dns functions return a IPv6 address or any other address which your server is not listening on then you can't connect.

Alex
ahoffman #5
My host file doesn't have any entries in it, just the default windows instructions.

I added an entry with my IPv4 for localhost and domainname.

Aaaaaaand.. that did it!  :-D
Thanks!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS