Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
zackrspv #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Roster Help
Since we have extended the roster control out to RosterControl.CS, and we have full control of the treeview in question, is it possible to be able to get the roster to NOT add 'resource' node types to the roster, and then to highlight specific roster nodes (with a specific resource ID) a different color?

I've have tried every which way I can think of, from editing the Draw-Tree-Node function, and even the Add() function for roster items, and oddly, I just cannot figure it out.

What it looks like is that it for each item that comes acress, it adds as a roster node, regardless of roster node type, and then it determines the type in the draw phase.  But, if the type is greater than level 3 (a roster node type of resource), then it still adds it, even if you dont draw it.

It's very confusing.

1.  How can i stop adding resources to the control?
2.  How can i highlight a specific roster item in the control based on resource name?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by zackrspv on 2011-05-17, 17:06:
1.  How can i stop adding resources to the control?
you can only stop it when you don't add the resource nodes to the treeview.

Quote by zackrspv on 2011-05-17, 17:06:
2.  How can i highlight a specific roster item in the control based on resource name?
a contact is identified by Jid not by resource, so you should highlight by Jid.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS