Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
ahoffman #1
Member since May 2011 · 10 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: agsXMPP attempting to access external networks?
I've got my xmpp server running on a local area network with no internet connectivity, and when attempting to send messages to my internal server, it agsXMPP seems to be attempting to send messages to one of three external servers: proxy.jabber.ru, proxy.jabbim.cz, and proxy.eu.jabber.org. The message then fails to send to the correct recipient.
Question, does agsXMPP rely on these proxies to forward messages to the intended host?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
no agsXMPP itself does not send any packets to external servers. The MiniClient example does some Disco to hardcoded file transfer proxies. It looks like you still have this code in your project.

Alex
ahoffman #3
Thanks for the quick response Alex!

So I got my dll from the Net35 bin directory, in the install, which dll would you consider "the release" dll?
Would I need to open the solution, tweak some things, then compile another dll?
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I recommend to compile from the SVN sources. Because I have not released new binaries for a while.

When you post your Xml logs then I can tell you where the packets to external networks are coming from.

Alex
ahoffman #5
Wow man, been going through hell just trying to open your older versions of .csproj files, "This project type is not supported by this installation." all over the place.

Are there no ready-to-be-consumed dll's in any of your downloads/installations?
ahoffman #6
Aye, I ended up creating a new solution in vs2010, added agsXMPP2010, agsXMPP.ui.2008(converted), added miniclient, killed dead references in miniclient, upgraded all targeted frameworks to 3.5, added references to the first two, and finally got it to compile.

Though, I DO WISH microsoft was better with backwards compatibility. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I chose to .net as my primary framework.

Now.. to start breaking things! (and putting them back together)
:)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS