Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
jaysonragasa #1
Member since May 2011 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Register account with custom domain?
Hi guys, it's my very first time to work on agsXMPP SDK. I have made a small gtalk client yesterday and I was wondering how to register an account with custom server like for example I like to have 812731992@jaysonragasa.net account?

Dow do I do that?

Can you show me some code samples on simple registration and registration with custom domain?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
To register a new account over XMPP set the RegisterAccount property to true before you connect.
This requires a server with support for in band registration. Google does not support it, there you can register only over web pages. In band registration opens the doors for spammers, this is why many servers disable this feature.

Alex
jaysonragasa #3
Sorry Alex if my question is misleading.

What I meant was, can I register an account with custom domain?

because some examples set their XmppClientConnection.Server and ConnectServer proprties like for Chikka for example, they use "Chikka.im" in the Server property and same value in ConnectServer so when I log in to ther IM, I use <loginaccountname>@chikka.im
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
you only need to set the ConnectServer when you have no XMPP SRV records set in your DNS and when the XMPP-domains A-Record in the server property does not resolve to the host where your xmpp server is hosted.

Example:

your XMPP domain is server.com and hostet at google. Google hosts the xmpp server on talk.google.com. This means you must add SRV records to the domain server.com, so that xmpp clients and libraries can find your XMPP host talk.google.com. If you don't do it (which is required by the RFCs) then you can use the ConnectServer property to tell th library the correct host.

ALex
jaysonragasa #5
Thanks Alex!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS