Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
zackrspv #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: frmChat help
Alex,

I love how well your SDK is put together; i needed to add private IM to my application, so i just plopped frmChat.cs and it's supporting files into a new form folder in my VS2010, added the proper calls to it via onMessage handlers, as well as the roster control handlers, and boom, works great.

However, the way the code is setup, only NEW WINDOWS popup.  How can I get this to open as tabs, instead of windows?

Like:

• If no other IM window is open, open as new window (the way we have it now).
  • If another IM window exists, open as a tab within the currently existing window.

I'm so confused on how to do this.  I do have access to DevComponents DotNetBar, we have the full suite, so i can use DotNetBarManager, if necessary, but i'd just love to know how to get the chat to open as tabs.

Thank you so much!
zackrspv #2
Member since Sep 2010 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
yeah, i'm stuck :(.  My project is at a complete standstill until i can get Private IM working inside of a window that is tabbed ;(

Alex is there anyway you can help with this?  I know it's asking alot, but I reallllllllly would like to see how to do this.  If i can get this project going, we can buy the full development licence for agsxmpp, but w/o the tabbed IM's, it just wont happen :(
Alex #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 4327 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
This problem is not related directly to our libraries, its related to Windows Forms development. I guess you will find the answer in other forums.

When you understand the basics of our libraries and are familiar with Windows Forms development or other 3rd party GUI tools you should have no problem to build a tabbed chat interface.

When you consider commercial licensing then please use MatriX, not agsXMPP. In MatriX there is an Example included for a tabbed group chat ui, but its WPF, not SWF.
See: http://matrix.ag-software.de/silverlight_muc.html

Alex
This post was edited on 2011-04-24, 20:51 by Alex.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS