Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
zackrspv #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Issue connecting with agsxmpp
I am trying to connect to our jabber server here, to see if the agsXMPP would be the proper library to use, and while it does the initial connection just fine, it refuses to connect.  I simply cannot get this to connect with agsXMPP.  Is this a configuration issue that I need to be aware of?  Do you see any issue with the information below?  Do you think it's an issue with the server config, if so, do you have any idea as to why? 

We use several other clients, from pidgeon, to spark, to even bosh, to connect to the server just fine, but this client just doesn't work.

SEND: <iq id="agsXMPP_1" type="set" to="sdcim01.OURSERVER.com"><bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"><resource>MiniClient</resource></bind></iq>

RECV: <iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="error" from="sdcim01.OURSERVER.com" to="sdcim01/d4984053" id="agsXMPP_1"><bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"><resource>MiniClient</resource></bind><error type="modify" code="400"><bad-request xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" /></error></iq>
zackrspv #2
after reviewing some of the other posts on this forum, i think i know the issue.

From what i've been reading:

RECV: <iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="error" from="sdcim01.OURSERVER.com" to="sdcim01/d4984053" id="agsXMPP_1"><bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"><resource>MiniClient</resource></bind><error type="modify" code="400"><bad-request xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" /></error></iq>

This is telling me that our server name is set to 'sdcim01', but our connection is wanting to use 'sdcim01.OURSERVER.com', thus the mismatch, and it cannot bind the resource, as it is unsure of who to talk too.

The resolve would be to use the proper server entries, or to specify .ConnectHost()?
zackrspv #3
Even though i followed the instructions in the other thread, about how to use a diferent .ConnectServer() address, it still didn't work.

Cannot bind the resource.
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
which server software are you using?

according to your log your server is configured to the XMPP domain sdcim01.OURSERVER.com.

try:
  1. _connection.Server = "sdcim01.OURSERVER.com";
  2. _connection.Username = "username"
  3. _connection.Password     = "secret";
  4. _connection.AutoResolveConnectServer = false;
  5. _connection.ConnectServer = your server ip;

Alex
zackrspv #5
I got it working by setting my 'xmpp.Server = 'sdcim01'' and connectServer='sdcim01.OURSERVER.com'; it connects properly now.

Dunno why, but it works lol
Alex #6
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by zackrspv:
Dunno why, but it works lol

in the server property there must be always the XMPP domain  of your server. Then it tries to resolve the SRV and A records for this domain to connect. If the hostname is different or you have not configured the records correctly then you must set AutoResolveConnectServer  to false and specify the ConnectServer manual. Otherwise agsXMPP is not able to find your server on the network.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS