Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
navraj #1
Member since Dec 2010 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Recieve previously set status for gtalk
hi,

this is a little unrelated to the previous posts but its a small issue so i am posting it here. i logged in to gtalk and can set the status from  the xmpp client how ever on next logon, i can not get the status previously set on my last login. the status comes as blnk string. any ideas what can be the problem?

thanks
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4328 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
The server does not store your last status message when you log off for your next session.
But I'm not sure if I understand your question correct.

Alex
navraj #3
Member since Dec 2010 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Subject: storage of last displayed status in gtalk
so i am assuming here that the last status set by the user is saved by the client application that he is using. like gtalk.
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4328 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There is the ShowType and the Status which is an additional human readable string.
When you end a session then your ShowType is always None which means offline. And the status is something related to offline, like "gone home from the office". So it not any useful for the next session because you go online and the last state was offline.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS