Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Creation of a USer Account on ejabberd server
navraj #1
Member since Dec 2010 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Creation of a USer Account on ejabberd server
hello,
i am trying to create a messenger software using ejabberd as xmpp server and agsxmpp as the client library. i need to create a sign up screen where user can create an account from that windows form. i want to know if that is possible using agsxmpp or it can only be done through ejabberd admin console. i would also like to know if ejabberd can eb customised to include other profile fields as well.

thanks in advance
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
When you set the RegisterAccount to true then you can register Accounts from your code. But this is not recommended when your servr is public on the Internet. Because open registrations over XMPP invite spammers. Web registration with captchas or/and email validation is more secure.

I don't understand what you mean with custom profile fields. Can you please elaborate?

Alex
navraj #3
Subject: Customer Fields in user profile
perhaps i was not very specific due to my limited knowledge of xmpp propocol. allow me to be a little more specific here. by custom fields i meant i would like to have additional fields in the vcard like Company name, Name of school or university.
i figured i out it can be done by editing the XML of the vcard but does agsxmpp have functions for adding new fields to vcard or does it stick to the fixed fields that are being exposed by agsXMPP.protocol.iq.vcard.Vcard

thank you. and i am really impressed by the support given on this website thanks for your involved support.
Navraj Singh
Alex #4
agsXMPP.protocol.iq.vcard.Vcard is derived from Element. So you can easily add your own custom elements there.
You can also create your own class derived from Vcard and add more fields. You should register your own derived class then in the ElementFactory to replace agsXMPP.protocol.iq.vcard.Vcard with your new class.

Alex
navraj #5
Subject: sample for that
is there an example in agsxmpp samples which shows how to register your own derived class as element.
i already derived the vcard class but could not find a way to proceed further. and also is there a session information or key that is being generated by openfire with each xmpp login? i plan to use this session key for customised uses of the application other than xmpp chat

thanks
Alex #6
Quote by navraj:
is there an example in agsxmpp samples which shows how to register your own derived class as element.
  2. agsXMPP.Factoty.ElementFactory.AddElementType("vCard", Uri.VCARD, typeof(yourCustomClass));

Quote by navraj:
i already derived the vcard class but could not find a way to proceed further. and also is there a session information or key that is being generated by Openfire with each xmpp login? i plan to use this session key for customized uses of the application other than xmpp chat
in XMPP you can have a unlimited numbers of concurrent logins with the same user id. Only the resource must be different for each session. Therefore the resource is the session key. But the server may hold this only in the memory. So I guess you can't access it external without writing a server plugin in Java.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS