Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
vbnet #1
Member since Sep 2010 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Attention nudge
How do you send a nudge in vb.net using the agsxmpp??
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4328 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
sorry but i don't understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate your question?

Alex
vbnet #3
A nudge is one of those commands that makes the other persons window shake to get their attention. AIM, GTalk, Spark all use XMPP and a have a nudge feature.
Alex #4
i think Message Events is what you are looking for.
Existing clients flash the chat window when its in background/inactive and you get a new incoming messages. You need no special features and protocols for that.

Alex
vbnet #5
So why is it obsolete and can some one teach me how that document translates into ode. I can read those just fine and understand how thinks work, but I have never understood how those documents relate to the code. How do I find the commands that make those things happen? Is it just previous knowledge or is there a special code I am not understanding. I am trying to learn this stuff and everyone always seems to send me links to documents that I have already read, but I just don't get how they help with knowing the commands to use.

I do appreciate the help, I just don't get it.
Alex #6
sorry i posted the wrong link. This is the correct extensions:
XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications

In this thread you can find example code for this extensions. This should help you to put the pieces together.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS