Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
ngboonseong #1
Member since Jan 2010 · 19 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Sending MUC invite to offline user
Hi,
May I know if I send a MUC invite to an offline user, will the user get prompted of the invite when the user login
in later on ? If this cannot be supported, what's the approach can be taken to support this ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Boon Seong
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
This depends on the server you are using. A Muc invite is a normal message stanza, but without a body and extra information. If the server you are using does not store the invites in the offline storage you have to contact your server vendor.
ngboonseong #3
Member since Jan 2010 · 19 posts
Group memberships: Members
Hi Alex,

I use Openfire which it stores normal offline message (with body) but it seems like the server did not feed me with the invite
message stanza when I go online after the invite was sent. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Boon Seong
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
you have to ask the Openfire developers what there logic is for offline messages. Or look at the source code. if we know the logic then we may find a solution. I assume they store the complete stanza for offline storage, not only the message body.

Did you try to add a body to the invite? It's possible that they store only messages offline which have a body tag, in this cas the solution would be pretty simple by just adding a body to all invites.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS