Retrieve message received
ardonjr #1
User title: ardonjr
Member since Oct 2015 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Message status
Hi,

Maybe it's just my lack of knowledge about the XMPP framework but I can't find an answer to my question.
I'm building a chat application on the Windows Phone Universal library.. as of now I can do everything I want, I can send messages, receive messages, check users status (online/offline) etc. The Matrix library really works awesome (I have to admit that)
However I do not understand how I can see the status of a message..
What I want is the following:
As a user I type a message and send it to someone else. At that point the message is (by default) marked as 'pending delivery'
Now I want to know how I can receive data on the fact that the message has been sent, delivered and even read.

So in short: Can I, and if so how, get the following statuses after I sent a message:
1: Message is sent (succesfully)
2: Message is delivered
3: Message is read

4: Message could not be deliverd.

I tried the
XmppClient.SendAndAck(msg, Ack);
but although the message is correctly sent, I never get into the Ack() function.

Love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance.
Don
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello Don,

not sure what exactly you are looking at. But I guess your use case is covered by one of the following XMPP extensions:

all of them are supported by MatriX. You should be also to find many threads here in the forum about these extensions.
If you need more help let us know.

Alex
ardonjr #3
Hi Alex,

That was quick!
SO let's say I want to use the XEP-0184 (to keep things simple) how do I implement this with the Matrix library I use?
I mean, is there a specific way to do this or?
The link: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0184.html, just tells me about the XMPP protocol and how it works. That's fine (because I didn't know that) but how have you guys implement that in the Matrix library? How can I use it?

Thanks again!
Alex #4
see here for example:
http://forum.ag-software.net/thread/1735-Sample-for-messag…

Alex
ardonjr #5
Pff, I searched the entire forum here and found this one too but didn't read it correctly. The key thing here is that the client receiveralso needs to return the 'received' message. So I had this code in place but I didn't got the 'Received' event obviously. Thanks Alex for your help in this one!
Alex #6
ok, so its working now? Or do you need more help?

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: